Polandball is the original protagonist of Template:GetIcon Polandball. He can't get anything in space according to the meme, even though there was a Polish cosmonaut, Miroslaw Hermaszewski. Poland is the country where vodka was invented.
This character is often portrayed as a naive countryball often bullied by his neighbours for partitions or annexations. Usually, he's a plumber for Template:GetIcon United Kingdom, based on the fact that many Poles live in Great Britain. Both Template:GetIcon Germanyball and Template:GetIcon Russiaball sometimes see Polandball as a possible expansion territory.
Due to being upside-down, its flag would now result the same as Template:GetIcon Indonesiaball and Template:GetIcon Monacoball. The solution is to draw Indonesia with an Asian hat or songkok and Monaco with either sunglasses.
Poland territory was firstly considered inhabited by the Civitas Schinesghe, a West Slavic tribe, in the ninth century. In 966 AD this tribe get control over its own territory and became a Template:GetIcon kingdom. In this period, Poles stopped worshipping Template:GetIcon Slavic deities to start being Template:GetIcon Catholics.
During Middle Ages, it partecipated in the crusades by Template:GetIcon Teutonic Orderball against Template:GetIcon Norse and Template:GetIcon Novgorodian pagans. In the 14th century, Poland is one of the few countries that is not affected by the black death.
When in 1569 Template:GetIcon Poland finally reached a personal union with the Template:GetIcon Grand Duchy of Lithuaniaball since a century of tentatives, a new country born: the Template:GetIcon Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealthball became the most powerful East European country. Nicolaus Copernicus, the discovered of the eliocentric theory, was a citizen of Template:GetIcon Poland-Lithuaniaball. Due to Template:GetIcon Papal Statesball thinking that the Template:GetIcon Earth was the center of the Template:GetIcon Universe, the theory took time to became finally official.
The Template:GetIcon Commonwealth conquered the Baltic territory, inhabited mainly by Template:GetIcon Livonian Orderball, and won against Template:GetIcon Ottomanball in 1699 in the Polish-Ottoman War. This war, unfortunately, weakened the country and during 1720s the Polish Succession War make the situation even more difficult. The result was the first Partition of Template:GetIcon Poland, in 1772, and the second Partition, in 1794, where Template:GetIcon Austrian Empireball, Template:GetIcon Russian Empireball and Template:I Kingdom of Prussiaball got all the territory formerly part of Poland-Lithuaniaball.
In 1806, Template:GetIcon Napoleonic Franceball started invading Template:I Kingdom of Prussiaball and created Template:GetIcon Duchy of Warsawball as a puppet for getting help to spread the Revolution. But this lasted just for eight years after which Template:GetIcon Poland was given to Template:GetIcon Russian Empireball.
In 1914, World War I started and Template:GetIcon German Empireball fought Template:GetIcon Russian Empireball. In this mode, Template:GetIcon Congress Polandball stopped being a Russian puppet and became a Template:GetIcon German puppet for a couple of years, until Template:GetIcon Second Polish Republicball was constituited thanks to the Paris Peace Conference.
Template:GetIcon Soviet Unionball decided to retake the Polish land after World War I, causing the Polish-Soviet War. This war quickly ended with the defeat of Template:GetIcon Russians (that got Template:GetIcon Ukrainian SSRball as additional land) and the victory of Template:GetIcon Poles.
But in 1933, Template:GetIcon Weimar Republicball fell into Template:GetIcon Nazi Germanyball (famous for his anti-semitic actions) that decided to invade in 1939 Template:GetIcon Second Polish Republicball and the Template:GetIcon Free City of Danzigball to retake the land lost during World War I. This is known as World War II.
In 1945, the World War II ended and Template:GetIcon People's Republic of Polandball was created, a Template:GetIcon Soviet satellite in Eastern Europe. In 1978, a Pole, Karol Wojtyla, was elected as Template:GetIcon Pope as Pope John Paul II.
- File:Hungary-icon.png Hungaryball - Best friends since the Middle Ages. Both hate Template:GetIcon Reich kraut Template:GetIcon.
- File:Czech-icon.png Czechiaball and File:Slovakia-icon.png Slovakiaball - Other West Slavs. Against migrants like me.
- File:Romania-icon.png Romaniaball - Good friend, helped me during war and hates File:Russia-icon.png Russiaball
- Template:GetIcon USAball - Good friends. He is of cool guy. There are also many Polish immigrants in Template:GetIcon Chicagoball.
Gib NASA so I can into space!!!
- Template:I South Koreaball - Aiming to become better friends with them in future. Believes Dokdo is Korean. Gib factories, plox!
- File:Belarus-icon.png Belarusball - Is of good friend. But also friends with File:Russia-icon.png Russia...
- Template:GetIcon Italyball -
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski, Z ziemi włoskiej do PolskiGood friend, of gives me pizza and it's really good!
- File:Russia-icon.png Russiaball - Successor of File:Soviet-icon.png Soviet. Ghost of his father tried to spoil our relationships. Still wants to restore his Empire. But we both can into vodka and also equally strong hate gays, Template:GetIcon Template:GetIcon Fourth Reich Kraut Template:GetIcon and File:Ukraine-icon.png Ukraineball.
He also brought a Pole to space.
- File:Indonesia-icon.png Indonesiaball, Template:GetIcon Hesseball and Template:GetIcon Monacoball - Sneaky little flag stealers!
- File:Nazi-icon.png Nazi Germanyball -
Fuck them, PRUSY SĄ POLSKIE, ŁUŻYCE SĄ POLSKIE, ŚLĄSK JEST POLSKI, DREZNO JEST POLSKIE, BERLIN JEST POLSKI, NORYMBERGA JEST POLSKA, MONACHIUM JEST POLSKIE, STUTTGART JEST POLSKI, FRANKFURT JEST POLSKI, KOLONIA JEST POLSKA, POMORZE TEŻ, GDAŃSK TEŻ a jak znowu spróbujecie germanizować Wielkopolskę to wpierdolimy wam gorzej niż w 1919 :), CAŁE NIEMCY SĄ POLSKIE!TOOK OUR PAINTINGS AND OTHER THINGS. THAT'S WHY POLAND IS POOR! NOT CUZ WE SUCK!
- File:Ukraine-icon.png Ukraineball - Remember Wołyń! Gib Lwów, Stanisławów and Tarnopol!
Also, Remember 2012?